CAMRA Branch Hosting Server
Welcome to CAMRA's Plesk-based Hosting server.
Guides for implementing CAMRA Email services on popular Email Clients.
Outlook is a popular Email program provided as part of the Microsoft Office suite of programs. Over the years, Outlook has changed its design and the process for
adding accounts has been simplified with much of the process now being automated. Unfortunately, automatic account discovery is something that the Hosting server does not
allow due to Microsoft changing their processes, so users are required to enter these details manually to allow for a trouble free setup.
This guide in particular covers off how to add a Hosting Mailbox to Outlook on Windows. The latest Outlook 365/2019 and with Simplified Account Creation turned off is preferred to match with the instructions. Click here to see instructions on how to turn this off.
To see instructions customised for your particular branch, please enter your branch email address below:
- Click "File" in the top left corner and then click "Add Account".
- Select 'Manual setup or additional server types', then click 'Next'.
- Select "POP or IMAP", then click 'Next'.
- Complete the form as shown with the respective data. I have outlined below the different fields and an explanation for each:
- Your Name: This is the name that will be displayed when you send an email.
- Email Address: This is the email address you are setting up.
- Account Type: This is the type of account you are setting up. For CAMRA Hosting, this will always be 'IMAP'.
- Incoming Mail Server: This is the server address that will receive your emails. Based on your above email address our we have determined that your incoming mail settings should be: example.camra.org.uk
- Outgoing Mail Server: This is the server address that will send your emails. Based on your above email address our we have determined that your outgoing mail settings should be: example.camra.org.uk
- User Name: This is the email address you are setting up.
- Password: This is the password for the email address you are setting up.
We need to set a few more settings once these have been entered. Simply Click "More Settings" in the bottom right corner to set these. This will only become active once all of the above information is entered.
- Now click the "Outgoing Server" tab, and ensure that you tick 'My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication', and select 'Use same settings as my incoming mail server'.
- Now click the "Advanced" tab, and ensure that you tick 'This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL/TLS)' for both the Incoming and Outgoing servers. The ports should automatically change to match this, if not ensure they match the following:
- Incoming server (IMAP): 993
- Outgoing server (SMTP): 465
Additionally, please set the root folder path as "INBOX" (this is case sensitive, and should be entered in all capitals). Click "Ok" when you are finished.
- Please re-review the settings shown one last time before clicking "Next" to complete the setup. If you have entered the details correctly, you should see a screen similar to the one below once Outlook has finished testing the connection. Click "Close" to finish.
Should you encounter any issues, please email 'support(@)hosting.camra.org.uk', and we will be able to provide further support if needed.